To help them get prepared for their ride, I asked our Facebook and Twitter friends for their advice for first-time snowmobilers. Here’s what they had to say:
- - PROPER GEAR. If you are cold then you will hate life. If you are comfortable, then you will enjoy the experience to the fullest.
- - Face gaiter is a must. Make sure you turn on your hand warmer on the snowmobile. I forgot the first time and my hands were freezing after a bit. Enjoy!
- - Go to Steamboat Snowmobile Tours for your first ride! The boots they lend are the best. Make sure you bring your own face gaiter!
- - Make sure you have the right gear and ride with a good group of guys that will give u plenty of advice.
- - Make SURE you have good boots and gloves!!! Oh yeah and cover your neck
- - Put those hand warmers in your boots
- - Rent a snowmobile suit from your guide so that your fancy gore tex ski coat doesn't smell like exhaust for the rest of your vacation.
- - Get a great guide to take you out!
- - Watch a bunch of snowmobile videos to get you stoked to ride!
- - RELAX.....IT'S JUST SNOW
- - Gun it and yell Wheeeeeeeeee!
- - Go in hard; come out covered in white
- - Enjoy the snow every time you go up to the mountain as the first time. You'll never forget it!
To add on to these great pieces of advice, I will tell my parents to think about what they want to get out of their tour and to communicate with our guide about what they’re looking for – be it adrenaline or nature viewing or whatever they have in mind. The guides at Steamboat Snowmobile Tours are looking to help each guest have a wonderful experience and want to hear what will help them have their adventure of a lifetime.